***Education is a partnership between home and school. As parents and educators work together, we will see each of our students reach and attain the following beliefs.
We believe all students:
• can learn and succeed.
• should feel safe, accepted and respected at school.
• are able to develop and utilize positive social skills.
• need positive role models.
• need clear expectations, challenges, and structure.
• need to have ownership in their learning and accountability for their actions.
• are influenced by home, peers, teachers and the world around them.
• are unique with different needs and strengths.
• perceive "success" differently.
We believe all staff members:
• will have knowledge of curriculum, state standards, district expectations, and current research.
• will have a positive impact on the whole child (academic, emotional, behavioral, social).
• will create a supportive, encouraging, and positive environment (nurturing, trusting, safe and
• will foster a love/passion for learning.
• will give students an opportunity to read independently from books of own choosing, interest,
and ability level.
• have multiple talents and abilities.
• will meet students' needs through a variety of instructional methods and styles.
• are positive role models for students.
• have the responsibility to communicate with parents and staff.
• will make learning authentic to fit our changing world.
• will cooperate effectively with staff, students, parents and community.
• will challenge students to reach their highest potential.
We believe all parents and community members:
• need to have a positive and supportive partnership with staff.
• will actively support student learning outside the school day.
• will help to make education a high priority.
• want all students to be treated with respect.
• need to help protect our children.
• have a right to have a voice, be involved and informed.
• should feel welcome in our school.
• are a valued resource.
• are role models.
Developed and written July 27, 2007
Revised August 11, 2008